Job Title: Legal Assistant
Work Hours: 1.0 F.T.E. hourly, non-exempt. Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one-hour lunch). Flexibility with last minute rush projects required.
Compensation: $18.00 – $27.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Regular opportunities for increase.
Summary: Local Government Law Group P.C. is a small-sized law firm with six attorneys located in downtown Eugene, OR. We represent cities and special districts throughout Oregon. We value teamwork, quality over quantity, and strong client relationships.
The Legal Assistant performs a variety of administrative support duties, exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. The position requires knowledge of administrative processes, information technology systems, and a general understanding of the clients, matters and associated legal practices. The scope of responsibilities includes prioritizing, managing and following through on multiple projects, and communicating effectively, courteously and professionally with clients, attorneys, staff and peers.
The successful candidate must be an organized self-starter with strong writing, editing, computer, and communication skills. Attention to detail is a must. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcribe memos, letters, resolutions, and ordinances
- Proofread and/or prepare correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents, as necessary
- Open and close client files
- Maintain accurate client filing system
- Maintain accurate client records: email, mailing, and contact lists
- Coordinate travel arrangements, conference registrations, and CLE registrations including MCLE recordkeeping for attorneys
- Schedule meetings, calendaring, and coordination
- Answer and route phone calls, voicemail, and messages
- Open and close the office, as needed
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Provide billing support
- Provide accounts receivable and accounts payable support
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects, as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Prior Legal Assistant experience required
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them within designated time constraints
- High attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of computer operation, the use of Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and office technology (copy machine and scanning applications) required
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers
- Ability to observe and maintain client confidentiality
- Knowledge of Oregon State Bar website and MCLE registration and records, preferred
- Litigation experience including all levels of courts, BOLI and LUBA, preferred
- Experience with Time Matters Billing software is a plus
- Able to sit and use a computer for long periods of time
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs
- Ten days paid vacation, five days paid sick leave, and nine paid holidays per year. One additional Personal Day per year after completion of first year of employment
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, eligible the first day of the month after date of hire
- Health Expense Reimbursement Account for reimbursement of health care expenses
- 401 (k) Deferred Compensation Plan with an employer-match contribution up to 4% of your compensation after 90 days
- Group Basic Life Insurance after 90 days
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance with a 3 visit Employee Assistance Program Enhancement after 90 days
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 5, 2021.