The following resources are offered to provide a glimpse of the work we do. These resources are not a substitute for working directly with us and the information we provide on this site is not legal advice. If you have specific questions or would like legal advice, please email email us or call us to arrange a time to discuss your matter.
- Have You Checked Your CPI? The Portland CPI Index has been discontinued
- Oregon Equal Pay Act of 2017
- Budget Process in 4 Simple Steps
- Reimbursement of Costs for Police and Corrections Officers
- Avoiding Common Personnel Pitfalls
- Recent Changes to Public Records Law
- Executive Session Update
- Role of a Union Representative at an Investigatory Interview
- A Handy Article for Public Meetings Advice
- Coverage Determinations Can Help You Take Advantage of BOLI Exemptions
- ~Preparation Comes Before Success~ Tips for Preparing to Bargain Your Next Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Written Notice Now Required Before Disciplinary or Performance Review Executive Sessions
- New FLSA Exemption Requirements
- CIS Requires Pre-Loss Consultation Prior to Placing an Employee on Paid Administrative Leave
- Homeless Camp Removal Requirements
- 2016 Public Contracting Rules Update
- QRF: This Long-Time Purchasing Program is Still Around and Still Mandatory
- Tis’ the Season, the Season for Bargaining!
- So You Wanna Piggyback?
Carolyn H. Connelly
- Marijuana Issues for Local Governments
- Conducting a 360-Degree Review for Local Government Upper-Level Managers/Supervisors
- Employment Investigations: When Should We Hire an Outside Investigator?
Christy K. Monson
- Construction project in your future? Remember 1.5% for green energy!
- The Appropriate Role of Elected Officials for Collective Bargaining
- Lose Those Liability Gaps
- Food, Travel and Lodging
- Enforcing Policies Saves Money
Our team of attorneys is often asked to speak on specialized topics that affect public entities. The following listing provides you with an idea of the categories of our expertise. Email us if you would like more information about any of the following presentations.
- City Council Workshops
- Planning Commission Trainings
- Public Contracting Trainings
- Public Records and Open Meetings Law Best Practices
- Land Use Fees Workshops
- Employment Actions from Hiring to Termination
- Marijuana Updates & Issues
- Council and District Board Best Practices for Effective Meetings
- Labor Relations
- Identify Theft and Governments
- Effective Council and Staff Relations
- Sick Leave Laws and Personnel Policies for Governments
- Government Ethics Law
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- Urban Renewal
- Managing the Manager – Councils and Boards as Supervisors