J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
B.S., Political Science, University of Oregon
- Litigation in the following areas of law:
- Defense of federal civil rights claims
- Defense of claims brought under the Oregon Tort Claims Act
- Employment law
- Commercial and business disputes
- Defense of claims brought under the Oregon Public Records
and Public Meetings Laws
- Defense of personal injury claims
- Eminent domain
- Property disputes
- Training of police officers and public entity management personnel
in various areas of law
After graduating from law school, Jens clerked for two years at the Oregon Court of Appeals, where he assisted the judge he worked for in researching and writing judicial opinions. He then served in a one-year assignment in the Honors Program at the Oregon Department of Justice, working in the Appellate Division writing briefs and arguing cases on behalf of the State of Oregon in the Oregon Court of Appeals. Jens then launched a 30-year career in private practice where he developed his skills as a litigator. Jens represented both private clients and public entity clients during those years, but his practice always emphasized the representation of public entities. Jens joined the Local Government Law Group in 2019.
Jens has resided in Oregon for over 40 years. He and his wife enjoy playing tennis, bicycling, running, hiking, backpacking, fishing and traveling. They also visit their children and grandchildren in Washington and Colorado as often as reasonably possible.